1. The ticket/permit is only for the use of the person named on the front and is not transferable.
2. The holder of the ticket has leave to fly-fish with a single rod and line using flies on barbless, de-barbed or microbarb hooks on the designated areas of the Association's water, Mondays to Saturdays only, during the period stated on the ticket.
3. All fish must be returned to the water except for "trophy" fish of 22 inches or more which may be kept.
4. The grayling fishing season shall commence on 1st January and shall terminate on 30th September. Anglers are encouraged to avoid specifically targeting grayling during April and May, i.e. whilst and just after spawning. The trout fishing season shall commence on 1st April and shall terminate on 30th September. No night fishing is permitted except during June and July, and then no fishing is permitted between the hours of 1 o'clock a.m. and 4 o'clock a.m.
5. Bait fishing is allowed only by those aged under 18 years on the Town Water (from the top end of Hay Lodge Park to Priorsford Bridge).
6. The holder of the ticket/permit must exhibit it to the Water Bailiff or other persons having authority to demand exhibition thereof at all times when asked to do so, and any person refusing or failing to exhibit this ticket may be turned off the river, and the ticket forfeited.
7. The holder of the ticket/permit undertakes to fish with fly only, and to give all the assistance in his/her power to prevent illegal fishing and poaching. It shall be his/her duty at once to report all illegal acts to the Secretary or Water Bailiff, and he/she shall allow the Water Bailiff or other persons duly authorised to inspect any fish and tackle in his/her possession.
8. Ticket holders are requested to close all gates through which they pass, and to avoid damaging fences or other property, or disturbing game.
9. Club and Competitive fishing is prohibited.
10. Fishing on a Sunday is prohibited.
11. The use of tackle that has been taken abroad is prohibited.
12. "Shuffling" is prohibited.
13. No ticket holder is allowed to sell his/her fish.
14. No ticket-holder shall be accompanied by a dog.
15. Leaving of litter, particularly broken glass, is prohibited.
16. Any ticket-holder who has been convicted of a breach of the Tweed Fisheries Acts or the Fresh Water Fisheries Acts then in force, or who takes any fish by means other than rod and line and legal lure, or who the Committee are satisfied has fished in any of the reserved stretches shall thereupon surrender his/her ticket and shall not be granted another for at least one year, subject to a right of appeal to the Committee.
17. Any holder of a ticket infringing any of the foregoing Rules and Regulations shall forfeit his/her ticket, and the leave granted will at once cease. Such forfeiture shall be at once instructed by a letter under the hand of the Secretary of the Association, directed to the ticket-holder at the address stated in his/her ticket.
Peter Reith (Secretary and Treasurer), St Fillans, Wells Brae, Innereleithen Tel. 08701 317128.